Saturday, June 26, 2010

Party Time!
I've been asked for gourmet cupcakes, cupcakes to match a cake, ice cream parties, and individual petit fours instead of cake. Here are a few samples.

Gourmet chocolate espresso cupcakes with espresso ganasche, white and chocolate curls top them off.


Done for a baby shower, the mommy-to-be wanted cupcakes and she loved the polka-dot theme. I melted white chocolate and used gel coloring* to color the chocolate her specific purple and green. I put the chocolate into piping bags with a large round tip and carefully piped nickle sized circles onto parchment. In a matter of minutes you have homemade kisses! I carefully placed them bottom side out on top of the buttercream.
*Do not use liquid food coloring, your chocolate will seize and you will have to throw it out!


Madeleine wanted pink and blue petit fours instead of a cake for her 8th birthday. It was a distaster! I have a very nice (and expensive!!) petit four pan that was supposed to create these beautiful ornately shaped cakes, and wouldn't you know, NONE of them came out of the pan, and I couldn't have greased the pan more! I ended up baking more cake, in 9x13 pans filled shallow, cut them and dipped them into melted buttercream. I hope she doesn't want them again this year!


Days like this make being a perfectionist a bit difficult!

No comments:

Post a Comment